Pictures from Friday Night's Victory Over Tampa Bay

Posted by Dave Nichols | Sunday, March 29, 2009 | | 3 comments »

Thanks to Jenn McAdoo for forwarding pictures from Friday Night's game.


Tampa Goalie Mike McKenna takes exception to a play early in the game.


Brooks Laich had a goal waived off when the refs ruled that Michael Nylander was in contact with McKenna. Do YOU see any contact?

Alex Ovechkin shooting on net.

Ovechkin admires his handiwork.


Ovie's open net goal with seven seconds left was his 100th point of the season.


All photos (c) J. McAdoo 2009. All rights reserved.

3 comments

  1. Unknown // March 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

    I hope we can keep up this momentum!! 1st in the East is so close we can taste it...but are we hungry enough?? I know I am!!

  2. Anonymous // March 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

    I agree... I don't see where Nyles was in the way for Brooksy's goal, however I am happy that it was waived off...

    Before you say... WHAT!@#@!...

    Well because Brooksy's was waived off, Brian's 1st goal of the season after an incredible comeback from injury was also the game-winner. I think that fact made the goal special. I'm sure if you asked Brooksy he would also agree. :-)

    What's disappointing about the game is how some fans react to the bad calls. "Ref, you s**k" is one thing, but someone behind me in 110 threw an apple core on the ice and something else which I could not identify. It reminded me how some fans reacted when we lost to Philly in the 7th game. Caps Fans are above that ... throwing garbage on the ice makes our boys look bad too. I wish folks would stop that....

    -Tracy

  3. Dave Nichols // March 30, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

    Tracy, i wholeheartedly agree. booing the refs is one thing, throwing things on the ice is dangerous. real fans don't do that sort of thing and i hope whoever did throw stuff was pointed out by anyone that witnessed it.

    Pothier's goal was awesome, either way. but you're right, being the game-winner made it extra special.