The Definition of "The Crowd Goes Wild!"

Posted by Cheryl Nichols | Wednesday, April 29, 2009 | , , , , | 2 comments »

Posted by Cheryl Nichols, Contributor and Photographer for Caps News Network

Most of the post-game interviews mention how loud the Verizon was during the last few minutes of Game 7. I think my ears are still ringing in fact!

If you were not able to be at the "Phonebooth" last night, here are a few video clips to make you feel like you were there. Or relive it again. I got the chills watching it this morning. I tried my best to keep camera still, however, it was so exciting that it was tough! I will have photos up later today.

Looking forward to Round Two!


LAST PART OF VIDEO MONTAGE
WITH CROWD SCREAMING "VICTORY"



LAST FEW MINUTES OF GAME 7

After Federov scored and Caps went up 2-1 with about 4 1/2 minutes left, the place went wild. EVERYONE was on their feet and screaming at the top of their lungs for the rest of the game. It really motivated the Caps to keep skating. You hear the crowd chat, "Let's Go Caps" and "Lundqvist, Lundqvist, Lundqvist...." I stopped recording when there was a stop in play with only a few seconds and picked back up in the next video. It was really unbelievable!! My ears are still ringing. Awesome to be there. I panned around a bit to show the entire atmosphere and did not use zoom.




LAST FEW SECONDS OF GAME 7 - THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

2 comments

  1. Dave Nichols // April 29, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

    i LOVE how in the last video you can barely hear the horn go off at teh end of the game!

  2. Unknown // April 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

    Amazing win and fantastic footage!! I completely blanked those last few minutes!! On to Round 2 with ear plugs in tow!!