Apology Most Profound

Posted by Dave Nichols | Friday, December 19, 2008 | | 2 comments »

It has come to my attention that in the story I posted about last night's win over St. Louis an offensive and very inappropriate word slipped through spell check and ran in my story until just a few moments ago when I made the edit. I can only attribute the mistake to sloppy typing on a late night and an incredibly faulty spell checker, as I run spell check as the last thing I do on every post.

To any reader of this blog that might have seen the error before I corrected it, I apologize most deeply, and hopefully you'll realize--if you examine your computer keyboard, just how easily the transgression happened. How the word slipped though spell check is beyond me.

You have my assurances that I will be more diligent in the future should I choose to use the word I misspelled in a future story.

Please contact me directly at CapsNewsNetwork@gmail.com if you have any questions or further comments.

2 comments

  1. Dan, Jr. // December 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

    Don't sweat it. There is no perfect spell checker. I find they often select correctly spelled words as incorrect. Very annoying. Something's going to slip through one way or another from time to time. It's unfortunate that this one had to be an offensive one.

  2. Dave Nichols // December 20, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

    thanks Dan Jr. i'm just gonna have to be more careful and proof even after spell checking.